For your health and well-being, the following benefits are offered to all benefit eligible employees of The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston (UTHealth):
- Medical insurance – 100% premiums for full time employees are paid by the University with competitive rates for family coverage - the first of the following month from the date of hire.
- Life insurance and AD&D – a $50,000 policy for employee at no cost.
- Optional coverage – UTHealth provides competitive rates for dental, vision, additional voluntary life, dependent life and disability coverage.
- UT Flex – UTHealth employees have the option to pay for eligible medical and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Retirement Plans - All benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled as of date of hire in TRS. TRS is a traditional defined contribution plan covering all higher education employees. ORP eligible employees have a personal choice to elect ORP in lieu of TRS. This program is a defined contribution plan governed by the Internal Revenue Code Section 403(b).
Also included in your benefits are voluntary retirement plans, longevity pay, Employee Assistance Programs, competitive vacation, sick pay, holiday pay and use of our recreation facility.