Changes to the Canvas Dashboard
Effective May 21, 2016, Canvas will have a new look. When faculty, students and staff log in they will be greeted with a new dashboard and user interface. These changes make Canvas easier to use on a wide range of screen sizes, including low-resolution classroom projectors, small monitors,
The dashboard is the page that displays upon login to Canvas. This is where changes are most visible.
- Navigation - The Top-Level navigation has moved from the top of the screen to the left side.
- Account Settings - The Logout button has been moved here, as well as quicker access to account settings.
- Course Card - Access courses directly by selecting a card. Only favorited courses will display as cards.
- Card Settings - The color for each Course Card can be configured by each user. The color is unique to the user and is the same color used to designated the course in the Canvas calendar.
- Course Card/Activity Stream Toggle: Toggles the main content area between the new Course Cards and the Global Activity Stream--a consolidated list of all course activity.
- Course Activity Tabs - Quick-access tabs for Announcements, Assignments,
Discussionsand Files. These tabs are available only if they are enabled within the course. A blue line indicates new activity in the course area. There is also a change to alt text for visually impaired users.
- Grades Button - Global grades report has been moved to the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.
- Help Button - This button now floats in the lower-left corner. Click it
any timeto access Canvas live chat help.