In the News
Links to documents, news reports, radio interviews, etc. that involve CCTS investigators or research.
- McAllen boy recovering from rare condition, thanks to pediatric neurologist's diagnosis
- Mayra Rivera's chance meeting with Dr. Mary Kay Koenig turned into a miracle for her son, Rosendo Robles.
- Local Researchers Find Two New Genes Linked To Disabling Disease
- Dr. Reveille speaks on his research and the discovery of two new genes on a radio interview on KUHF on October 22, 2007.
- Congratulations to the 2007 Society Award Recipients
- The Oswald Avery Award recognizes outstanding achievement in an area of infectious diseases by an individual member or fellow of IDSA who is 45 or younger.
- Thomas receives National Safety Award
- Helping Researchers Do Research
- Dr. Frank Arnett, Jr., is interviewed by Houston Public Radio's Capella Tucker about "Getting new treatments to patients faster." This is a growing focus among researchers and The Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences is one of the first centers to focus on this goal is now open in the Texas Medical Center.
- TMC institutions get $20 million renewal grant for translational medicine center
- HOUSTON - (July 5, 2012) - In 2006, three Texas Medical Center institutions were among the first in the nation to receive a Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to accelerate the translation of laboratory discoveries into patient treatments. That grant has been renewed for another 5 years.