PRospective, Observational, Multi-center Major Trauma Transfusion Study
The U.S. Department of Defense, Army Institute of Surgical Research has awarded The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston funds to conduct a multi-site observational study of severely injured trauma patients who require blood transfusions.
This study will benefit future severely injured trauma patients by helping determine the best early method of identifying patients who would benefit from receiving different ratios of red blood cells to plasma to platelets. This study will also identify what massive transfusion protocols exist in 10 leading trauma centers and which protocols are associated with better survival. Results of this study will inform development of a future randomized clinical trial which will test these protocols.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
- UTHealth Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences
- The UTHealth Center for Translational Injury Research
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School Office of Research
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School Department of Surgery
- UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
- U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research