Distinguished Professional Woman Award
Nominations are currently closed. Watch for coming announcements.
The Distinguished Professional Woman (DPW) Award was established in 1984 to honor exceptional women. In 2014, this award was redesigned to recognize only women employed at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) that will now include a cash award of $2,000.00. The CSW is currently seeking nominations for women who:
- Exemplifies a professional woman and outstanding achiever at UTHealth,
- Has been employed at a full time status for a minimum of 5 years at UTHealth,
- Is respected by her peers as well as professionals in other disciplines,
- Has made significant contributions to her profession in an overall aspect of quality and service to others,
- Demonstrates a pioneering spirit in her profession to those she works with in her community, and
- Supports women as both a mentor and a positive role model.
Nomination Packet Must Include:
- Nomination Reply Form
- 1-2 page letter, using the definitions above to explain why you think your nominee qualifies for and should receive th DPW Award.
- Biographical Sketch and CV or Resume of nominee (your nominee must be aware of the nomination and approve of the submission).
- Three one-page Recommendation Letters for your nominee.
|1984 Sarah Weddington, JD||2004 Mary desVignes-Kendrick, MD, MPH, FAAP|
1985 Carolyn Leach Huntoon, PhD
|2005 Dianna Milewicz, MD, PhD|
|1986 Kathryn J. Whitmire||2006 Nancy Dickey, MD|
|1987 Wilhelmina Ruth Fitzgerald Delco||2007 Carmel Bitondo Dyer, MD, AGSF, FACP|
|1988 Benjy F. Brooks, MD||2008 Cheryl L. Perry, PhD|
|1989 Judith G. Novak, RN, MEd||2009 Ellen Gritz, PhD|
|1990 Lois Moore, RN, BSN, MEd||2010 Susan H. Landry, PhD|
|1991 Patricia Buffler, PhD||2011 award suspended this year|
|1992 Ruth Hartgraves||2012 award suspended this year|
|1993 Patricia L. Starck, DSN, RN, FAAN||2013 Millicent Goldschmidt, PhD|
|1994 Mae C. Jemison, MD||2014 award suspended this year|
|1995 Doris Laune Ross, PhD||2015|
|1996 (TIE) Margaret L. Kripke, PhD
1996 (TIE) Dianna Redburn, MD
|1997 Michele G. Curtis, MD||2017|
|1998 Diana S. Natalicio, PhD||2018|
|1999 LuAnn Aday, PhD||2019|
|2000 Anna Steinberger, PhD||2020|
|2001 Juliet V. Garcia, PhD||2021|
|2002 Melinda Hill Perrin||2022|
|2003 Irma Gigli, MD||2023|