Committee on the Status of Women
2016 Distinguished Professional Woman Named!
Selection has been made for the 2016 Distinguished Professional Woman (DPW) Award. Jacqueline T. Hecht, Ph.D. has been selected as this year's recipient! Dr. Hecht will be honored at the annual CSW Distinguished Professional Woman Award Ceremony being held on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at the Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) Auditorium beginning at 3:00 p.m. More information can be found HERE.
COMMITTEE ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN (CSW)
The purpose of the Committee on the Status of Women (CSW) is to encourage open communication regarding the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). The CSW will facilitate the development and contribution of women affiliated with UTHealth by expanding and improving the opportunities for the advancement of women to achieve their maximum potential.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide a forum for women at UTHealth to enable and support advancement in their professional careers by:
- Identifying opportunities and strategies for advancement to assist in creating an optimal work environment;
- Bringing issues forward that are relevant to women and the UTHealth community;
- Identifying and creating strategies for overcoming obstacles to advancement
- Developing and disseminating educational materials; and
- Sponsoring seminars and workshops.
- Provide a forum for women at UTHealth to build collegial relationships by:
- Involving committee members and the broader community in the activities of the CSW;
- Establishing a communication network including a website; and
- Creating outreach and learning opportunities for women in UTHealth to interact.
- Supporting the advancement of women within UTHealth and the affiliated health care institutions and the community by:
- Assisting in dissemination of information about site-specific activities to the larger UTHealth community;
- Improving communication and efficient use of resources throughout the UTHealth community.
- Provide the university's executive leadership with ongoing information and recommendations for change, to improve the status of women faculty, staff and students at UTHealth.