129 Educational Records - Appendix B
Classification and Principal Locations of Education Records
The student records maintained by the university are classified as follows:
- Official Academic Records: Maintained in the Office of the Registrar at University Center Tower, 7000 Fannin, Suite 2250. They include records related to an individual’s admission to the university, residency determination, Veteran’s Administration, course enrollment, grade changes, transcript and correspondence related to a student’s progress and status during enrollment.
- Disciplinary Records: Maintained by the student affairs office in each school (add link which lists out locations). Disciplinary records reflect the nature of the charge, the disposition of the charge, the penalty assessed, and any other pertinent information.
- Student Financial Aid Records: Maintained by Student Financial Services located at University Center Tower, 7000 Fannin, Suite 2220. Student Financial Aid records include records of students who applied for or received financial assistance to attend the university and records of repayment of loans.
- Employment Records of students who are employed in student appointments are maintained by the employing department. Employment records of students employed as classified employees are maintained by Human Resources located at University Center Tower, 7000 Fannin, Suite 150.
- Medical Records of students are maintained by the Student Health Clinic located at 6410 Fannin (UT Professional Building) Suite 150.
- Psychological and Counseling Records: For those students utilizing these services, maintained by UT Counseling & WorKLife Services, located at University Center Tower, 7000 Fannin, Suite 1670.