Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Office of International Affairs

Students (F-1)

Foreign nationals interested in traveling to the United States to study should follow a general sequential process while navigating the U.S. Immigration system, as explained by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement  and the U.S. Department of State in their Students and Exchange Visitors pages respectively.  

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) uses the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), a web-based solution, to track and monitor schools and programs, students, exchange visitors and their dependents while approved to participate in the U.S. education system.

Students on F-1 visa and Exchange Visitors on J-1 visa may join the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston which is an (SEVP) approved school to sponsor foreign students and exchange visitors for studying in any of our six schools: