Joining UTHealth


Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a United States port-of entry and request permission from the U.S. immigration inspector to enter the U.S.

The type of visa foreign nationals will need is generally based on the purpose of their travel and the intended duration of their stay, as well as their country of origin, in some cases. Foreign nationals joining UTHealth most frequently come with one of more of the following objectives in mind: