UTHealth Expert List
Faith Atai, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Assistant Medical Director, UT Physicians Center for Healthy Aging at Sienna Village
Faith Atai, M.D., is board certified in family medicine and geriatric medicine. She serves on the faculty of the Training Excellence in Aging Studies (TEXAS), a program that fosters geriatric and palliative medicine at the medical school, resident, faculty and practicing physician level. She sees patients at UT Physicians for Healthy Aging in Bellaire and UT Physicians at Sienna Village. Her interests include palliative and hospice medicine, communication in medicine, preventive senior care and the frail elderly.
Previous interview: http://go.uth.edu/FaithAtaiSummerHeat
Carmel Dyer, M.D.
- Roy M. and Phyllis Gough Huffington Chair in Gerontology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Professor and Director, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Executive Director of the Consortium on Aging, UTHealth
- Associate Dean for Harris County Programs
- Chief of Staff, Harris Health System Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
- Director, UT Center for Healthy Aging
Carmel Dyer, M.D., specializes in the care of older adults and is nationally recognized for her work in elder mistreatment, financial exploitation of the elderly and elder self neglect.
Claudio Soto, Ph.D.
- Professor of Neurology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, The George P. and Cynthia W. Mitchell Center for Research in Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Brain Disorders, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
Claudio Soto, Ph.D., specializes in the molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases associated to the misfolding and brain accumulation of proteins, particularly focusing on Alzheimer’s and prion-related disorders.