UTHealth Expert List
Jennifer M. Gonzalez, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Services, UTHealth School of Public Health Dallas Regional Campus
Jennifer M. Gonzalez, Ph.D., specializes in criminal epidemiology, violent behavior, and intimate partner violence, as well as addiction and substance abuse. She can also discuss substance abuse in minority groups.
Previous interview: http://go.uth.edu/KERA_identity
Scott Lane, Ph.D.
- Professor, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Vice Chair for Research, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Laboratory Director, Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions (CNRA), McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director of Research, UT Harris County Psychiatric Center
Scott Lane, Ph.D., specializes in substance use disorders, antisocial personality disorders, psychopharmacology, aggression, decision making, impulsivity and working memory.
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., R.N.
- Assistant Professor of Nursing Systems, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Manager, UTHealth Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences (CCTS) Biobank
Jennifer Sanner, Ph.D., M.S.N, R.N. specializes in genetic, depression, and women’s health research and is available to discuss the genetic link of heart disease, depression, and other conditions.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/Inro4c
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D.
- Louis A. Fallaice, M.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addictions
Joy Schmitz, Ph.D., specializes in the treatment of substance use disorders using behavior therapy and pharmacotherapy. Her clinical research includes treatments for cocaine and major depression; smoking cessation; bipolar disorder and substance abuse; and alcohol abuse.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IZ8des
Jair Soares, MD, PhD
- Professor and Pat R. Rutherford, Jr., Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Director, UTHealth Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders
- Executive Director, UT Harris County Psychiatric Center
- Chief of Psychiatry, Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Jair Soares, M.D., specializes in bipolar disorder, depression, brain imaging and psychopharmacology. His research includes discovering potential differences in the brains of people with bipolar disorder and the impact of pharmacological therapies on the brain using imaging.