UTHealth Expert List
Gabriel Aisenberg, M.D.,
Gabriel Aisenberg, M.D.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of General Internal Medicine at the Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, part of the Harris Health System
Board-certified internist Gabriel Aisenberg, M.D., is trained to apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment and compassionate care of adults. Aisenberg graduated from the University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine and completed a residency in internal medicine at Sanatorio Mitre in Buenos Aires, followed by an infectious diseases fellowship at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and an internal medicine residency at the UTHealth Medical School. Aisenberg speaks fluent Spanish and has been interviewed by English and Spanish language radio and television stations. Aisenberg can also speak about the Ebola virus and the current outbreak.
Pedro Aquino, M.D.
- Assistant professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the UTHealth Medical School.
- Medical staff member at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital, which is a part of the Harris Health System
Pedro Aquino, M.D., is a primary care provider who is trained in both internal medicine and family medicine. He trains residents at the UTHealth Medical School and graduated from the University of Guadalajara in Mexico. He is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Lauren Blieden, M.D.,
- Assistant professor in the Ruiz Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School.
- Member of the medical staff of Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, as well as the Robert Cizik Eye Clinic.
- Fellow with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Lauren Blieden, M.D, specializes in eye and vision care and can address a variety of vision problems. She has a special interest in glaucoma, a leading cause of blindness. Blieden completed a glaucoma fellowship at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. She has a special interest in glaucoma in adults and children. Blieden speaks fluent Spanish and has done interviews with leading Spanish language television stations.
Nicole Gonzales, M.D.
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, UTHealth Medical School
- Attending physician, Mischer Neuroscience Institute, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Nicole R. Gonzales, M.D., researches neuroprotection in ischemic stroke, acute treatment of ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage, and stroke prevention and education. Her clinical interests include experimental treatments for intracerebral hemorrhage, neuroimaging and the natural history of intracerebral hemorrhage. She received the 2009 UTHealth Young Investigators Award for her work studying the medication pioglitazone for intracerebral hemorrhage.
Luis Ostrosky, M.D., FACP, FIDSA
- Professor, Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Associate Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director for Epidemiology, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Luis Z. Ostrosky, M.D. FACP, FIDSA, specializes in infectious diseases, including Ebola, hospital epidemiology, infection control, and fungal infections. Ostrosky is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Professor of Clinical Nursing, Department of Acute and Continuing Care, UTHealth School of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner, Department of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Elda Ramirez, Ph.D., RN, FNP-BC, FAANP, specializes in adult, pediatric and geriatric care. She is available to discuss acute care, emergency care; heat exhaustion and dehydration, common minor emergencies, injury prevention and Hispanic health issues. Ramirez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/KhxbV1
Carlos Roldan, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
Carlos Roldan, M.D. specializes in adult and pediatric care. He is available to discuss emergency care, heat exhaustion, safety and injury prevention and common minor emergencies. He can also address pain management, environmental emergencies, tropical diseases and variety of other topics. Roldan is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Gisela Velasquez, D.D.S., M.S.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatric Dentistry, UTHealth School of Dentistry
Gisela Velasquez, D.D.S., M.S., specializes in pediatric dental conditions such as infant oral health, childhood cavities, dental hygiene, dental trauma and cleft lip palate. Velasquez is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Previous Interview: http://go.uth.edu/8rwe13yp
Rebeca Weisleder Urow, D.D.S.
- Associate Professor in the Department of Endodontics.
Rebeca Weisleder Urow, D.D.S., has focused her teaching and research on diagnosis and new treatments in pulp vital therapy. She has published papers on diagnosis as well as maturogenesis and treatment of dental abnormalities. Weisleder can also touch on dental trauma cased by sports injuries and is available for interviews in English and Spanish.