Students, faculty, staff, and trainees from all six UTHealth Houston schools and UT Physicians, along with family, friends, and allies, are invited to join the festivities and celebrate diversity at the 45th annual Houston LGBTQ+ Pride Parade on Saturday, June 24, in downtown Houston.
Register online to walk with UTHealth Houston at go.uth.edu/UTHealthHoustonPride.
In past events, more than 200 participants wore colorful T-shirts, carried flags and banners, and tossed UTHealth Houston fans, bracelets, and other items into the crowd. To see the celebration of diversity during the 2022 Pride parade, view the university’s Flickr album.
Participants are asked to arrive at the parade starting location around 6 p.m. The exact location will be announced closer to the event.
When participating in a UTHealth Houston-sponsored event, it is important to remember that participants represent the university. Please be mindful of the following parade rules:
- No alcohol in the parade staging area
- No cups (it will be assumed that it holds alcohol)
- Keep our space clean.
- The weather will be very hot. There will be water bottles, but please bring your own as well.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as the parade is more than a mile.
- In previous years, there were port-a-potties in the staging areas so bring hand sanitizer.
- No nudity, obscenity, or political statements
- No stickers or glitter to be passed out or tossed
- No firearms
UTHealth Houston has installed Pride-themed selfie stations in each of its six schools as well as the UTHealth Houston Behavioral Sciences Campus and the Operations Center Building. The university invites its community to share their Pride with us on their social media channels using the hashtag #UTHealthHoustonPride.
Pride selfie station locations:
- McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics at UTHealth Houston/UCT: first floor near guard desk
- McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston: first floor lobby near back sliding glass door entrance
- Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth Houston: first floor lobby
- UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry: first floor lobby
- UTHealth Houston School of Public Health: first floor lobby
- MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Houston Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: second floor near student lounge area
- UTHealth Houston Harris County Psychiatric Center: through security at front desk on first floor
- John S. Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center at UTHealth Houston: first floor lobby area