This section provides basic definitions of terms usually encountered with contract and grant financial management, and additional decision-making tools and responsibility outlines for standard procedures and processes needed for timely and efficient financial project management.
General information provided consists of:
- contact information for the PAF Team main line as well as individuals
- subcontracting considerations and process on all types of funded awards
- travel purpose codes essential to travel on grant funding
- terminology with which you should become familiar in grants management
Specific to federal awards there is
- key information listed for NIH, the predominant entity of our federal funding
- an associated site listing indicating if a given location is considered on or off campus for indirect cost calculation needs
- an explanation of what predicates the need for IPA (Institutional Prior Approval) from a federal agency
Clinical trials and gifts can sometimes be confusing to differentiate. Information is provided to guide in the determination of what constitutes each and the distinguishing factors to consider.