Clinical Research Billing
- Clinical Research Billing Procedure outlines the research billing procedure for clinical studies and establishes the responsible parties for appropriate research billing.
- Instructions to Enter Research Charges Directly into TES: This document provides clinical billing staff with instructions for loading a NCT number into TES.
- New Research Appointment Request Use this Outlook Template to request a research appointment, and to load research enrollment dates into GE Centricity registration.
- UTP Call Center Appointment Request Use this Outlook Template to request a research appointment from the UTP Call Center/Patient Access, and to load research enrollment dates into GE Centricity
- Patient Follow-Up Sheet Use this form as a paper document to give the patient at checkout for scheduling a follow-up research appointment.
- Research Patient Registration Form Use this form when registering a research patient for services at MHHS.
- Clinical Research Charge Document Log Use this form to provide ancillary departments with notification of a research procedure. This form should be submitted to the email addresses provided when the patient is scheduled for the procedure or ASAP afterwards.
- CR 8401: Mandatory Reporting of an 8-Digit Clinical Trial Number on Claims:This document outlines the regulation requiring the NCT number on CMS claims.
- Mandatory Reporting of National Clinical Trial (NCT) Identifier Numbers on Medicare Claims – Q&A: This document provides guidance for CMS billing related to the NCT number requirement
- ClinicalTrials.gov Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): This website provides additional information regarding NCT numbers.
Refer to the following billing guidelines for additional information:
- Medicare Policies and Guidelines
- United Healthcare Policies and Guidelines
- Aetna Policies and Guidelines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Policies and Guidelines