Cayuse 424 and the new Project Summary in FastLane
Published January 09, 2013 by OSP
Beginning January 14, 2013, you may notice some new fields in the NSF Project Summary section in FastLane. Questions have been fielded from a few institutions about how the new fields in FastLane will affect proposals submitted via Cayuse 424.
First, a look at how the Project Summary section is handled right now:
- In FastLane, all project summary information is stored in a single field.
- In Cayuse 424, the Project Summary is uploaded to a single attachment point on the Other Project Information page called “Project Summary/Abstract”.
- In Cayuse 424, the Project Summary/Abstract is limited to one page and should include headers to differentiate the required pieces of information.
Now, let’s compare that to what you will see after January 14:
- In FastLane, the Project Summary will be divided into three separate fields. According to the NSF Policies and Procedures Guide, this eliminates the need to include headings to address the Overview, Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts (in FastLane).
- In Cayuse 424, you will still have a single attachment point called “Project Summary/Abstract”.
- In Cayuse 424, within the Project Summary/Abstract attachment, you will still have a one page limit and will need to separately address the Overview, Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts as required by NSF.
For more information on NSF Project Summary requirements, please visit: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf13001/nsf13_1.pdf