Administrative and Financial
The Administrative & Financial (A&F) packet consists of all the documents related to the administrative and financial portions of a grant or contract application. In order to review and process a grant or contract application, Pre-award requests the complete A&F packet at least ten (10) days prior to the sponsor deadline. Applications that are submitted less than ten (10) working days prior to the sponsor deadline will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Pre-award will not accept application packages that are incomplete or in draft form. Contact Pre-award for solutions for any University or sponsor deadline requirements.
A complete A&F packet consists of the following documents:
- Completed and signed R&A Form. Complete R&A forms should be submitted for grants, cooperative agreements, and subcontracts.
- Research Conflict of Interest Certification (RCOI) forms for all Covered Individuals, defined by the PI as personnel responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of the proposed research. Additionally all Covered Individuals must submit an Annual Financial Disclosure Statement (AFDS). The RCOI form and the AFDS must be completed before the application will be submitted to the agency. Otherwise, the application will not be submitted.
- Final budget and budget justification on the sponsor-required forms and any applicable internal departmental budgets.
- All completed grant application administrative pages.
- Copy of agency instructions and guidelines.
- Any applicable assurances required by the sponsor at the time of submission.
- Signed/approved exception letters (indirect cost waivers, cost sharing, appointment letters, etc.).
- Subcontractor documents, if applicable, including:
- scope of work (SOW)
- signed letter of intent (LOI)
- final budget
- final budget justification
- collaborator's federal negotiated indirect cost rate agreement
- Regardless of funding source, prior to submission, the subrecipient must provide certification of compliance with the PHS FCOI Regulation (42 CFR Part 50) by providing SPA with one of the following:
A. Conflict of Interest Disclosure form from each subcontractor
B. A screen shot that shows that each subrecipient is listed in the FDP Institutional Clearinghouse. No other action is required.
C. An LOI or a form signed by the Authorized Signing Official which certifies compliance with the PHS FCOI Regulation (42 CFR Part 50) for each subcontractor.
For electronic applications that Pre-award will submit, the A&F documents listed above should be received by Pre-award at least (10) business days prior to the deadline. Once Pre-award completes the review and provides the approval, the Department/PI should send the final grant application including the science to Pre-award at least (3) business days prior to the deadline.