How to Make Payments
Payments can be made by:
- MyUTH - using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or ECheck.
- At the Bursar’s Office - located in UCT 2240. Payments can be accepted by Cash, Check or Money Order at the window between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. The Bursar’s Office can NOT take payments via Credit Card over the telephone or at the office for tuition.
- Mail checks to UTHealth Bursar’s Office, 7000 Fannin St., Suite 2240, Houston, TX 77030. Make sure checks reference the student name and ID Number.
- Wire Transfer information is available at the Bursar's Office. Make sure the wire references the student name and ID Number.
When to Make Payments
Payment due dates and amounts are listed on the student fee bill. The fee bill is available via MyUTH or by contacting the Bursar’s Office. Payment due dates are also listed on the Registrar’s Web Site:
- Pay tuition in full by the payment due date
- Set up an Installment Plan
Students that wish to place their accounts on the Installment Plan must sign the Installment Plan Terms and Conditions electronically on MyUTH. There is a nonrefundable $20.00 Installment Plan fee for placing the account on the Installment Plan.
The 3-part installment plan (1st payment of 50% plus non-installable fees followed by 2 payments of 25%) is available for students enrolled in the Fall and Spring term. The installment option for the summer semester is only available to students who are registered for the summer 12 week term. Professional Medical and Dental students enrolled in a year long term may choose from a 2 part plan (2 payment of 50%) or a 4 part plan (4 payments of 25%).
Students must have a Social Security Number or a Tax ID on File in MyUTH to be extended credit in an installment plan.
Dropping classes or withdrawing from the University does not relieve a student of the responsibility for unpaid financial obligations to the University. Students enrolled in an installment payment plan will be required to continue making payments until the non-refundable portion of their account is paid in full. Refunds or credits are based on the percentage of tuition and fees charged, not on the percentage of tuition and fees paid. A student, who fails to make full payment of tuition and fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date, may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
Installment Plan Due Dates
Installment payment due dates and amounts are listed on MyUTH. Go to the Financial Accounts tile and click on the charges due link.
Payment must be received by the 12th day of the term. Students who have not paid 50% of tuition and fees will be dropped for nonpayment. There is a $200 reinstatement fee if you are dropped for nonpayment and appeal to be reinstated. Students will not be reinstated after the 20th day of the term.