Who We Are
The UCSC membership consists of: elected representatives from each operating unit; one member appointed by the President; one member appointed by the Affirmative Action Officer (currently shared by two individuals); and additional ex-officio members.
Members must be full-time classified employees who have fulfilled the obligations of their probationary employment period. Click here to see the UCSC Bylaws.
UCSC council members also participate in the following groups:
- Committee on the Status of Women
- HOOP Advisory Committee
- University Leadership Council
- Interfaculty Council
For minutes or notes from these meetings, please go to their website/intranet page.
Why We're Here
The UCSC will advise the President and the Executive Council on matters of importance to classified employees of The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center including, but not limited to, the following:
- Appropriate policies and procedures
- Strategic planning and directions
- Recruitment, retention, promotion, and transfer of classified staff
- Processes regarding continuous quality improvement
- Budget and planning issues
- Houston-wide communications and resource networking
- Staff awards
- Campus master planning
- Compensation policies
- Classified staff status, rights, and responsibilities
What Else We Do
The UCSC participates in or has participated in: