Receipt of Cash
Policy Number: 188
- Date Reviewed:
- May 2014
- Responsible Office:
- Finance & Business Services
- Responsible Executive:
- Senior Vice President, Finance & Business Services
I. POLICY AND GENERAL STATEMENT
Departments may receive cash if:
- The department head establishes documented departmental procedures for handling cash which are in accordance with the Cash Handling Manual. Departmental procedures are subject to review by the Senior Vice President, Finance and Business Services, or designee;
- The department head ensures regular training of departmental employees on university policies and procedures regarding cash handling; and,
- The department head ensures all employees who handle cash sign the Cash Handling Manual Acknowledgement & Acceptance Form. The department head must retain signed forms in the employee's personnel file.
Employees who violate university policies and procedures regarding the receipt of cash may be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Specific procedures regarding the receipt of cash are detailed in the Cash Handling Manual.