Donors are vital to our geriatric innovations in patient care, education programs and research efforts that will build our knowledge and allow us to be leaders in the aging field.
The Institute on Aging was established in 2009 with seed monies committed by UTHealth Houston in response to the imperatives of the aging population. Continuing support comes from competitive grants and private philanthropy.
We need your support for:
- House Calls
- A Communication Portal to support full-circle care
- Care programs for abused and neglected elders
- Interprofessional training programs for health care providers and community service providers who work with older adults
- Fellowships for post-residency physicians and practicing physicians to spend one to three years focusing on geriatric care and research
- Scholarships for medical, nursing, dental, and public health students who wish to pursue careers in caring for older adults
- Scholarships for practicing nurses who decide to pursue advanced degrees as gerontological nurse practitioners
- Caregiver education and training programs
- Pilot grants for young scientists pursuing geriatric and gerontological research
- Endowed chairs in gerontology and geriatrics at any of the UTHealth Schools