Safety, Health, Environment & Risk Management’s (SHERM) mission is to work in conjunction with the UTHealth Houston community to ensure that education, research, and health care service activities take place in conditions that are optimally safe and healthy for all students, faculty, staff, visitors, surrounding community and the general public. Put simply, they exist to help people go home as healthy and safe as they arrived.
Mr. Rana touched on a few topics that we should always keep in mind and be aware of:
- Understanding general evacuation procedures for fire alarm events at UTHealth Houston
- Report, Activate, Confine, Evacuate (RACE)
- Have an Exit Strategy
- Fire Extinguishers: Remember PASS - PULL the pin out, AIM the hose at the base of the fire, SQUEEZE the trigger, and SWEEP from side to side. If you would like training on proper use of a fire extinguisher, please call EHS at 713-500-8100
- High Rise Fire Alarm Notification: Alarm sounds on the affected floor, the floor immediately above and the floor immediately below. IF the alarm is on your floor, you'll know it -- its really LOUD!
- For full details on fire prevention, please click here.
- Area Safety Liaisons
- Volunteer employees who assist with identifying health and safety concerns in their respective work area. If you would like to volunteer as an area safety liaison or want more information, contact EHS at 713-500-8100.
- Introduction to UTHealth Houston ALERT
- UTHealth Houston ALERT is a text message emergency notification system (Everbridge). Please click here for more information.
- UTHealth Houston Mobile App
- Version 2.0 Just Released!!! Download for free now through your mobile store.
- Additional EHS Training Offerings
- Would you like additional training for you and/or your department? Contact EHS Safety Training here or at 713-500-8100.