Skip Navigation and Go To Content


Home | MD Anderson School of Health Professions

Are You In Crisis?

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911. If you urgently need to speak with a Counselor, please call 713-500-3327 or 800-346-3549 or click below to fill out our contact form.

National Suicide Crisis call or chat 988

Reach Out Now

MD Anderson School of Health Professions

UTEAP is available 24/7 to assist you with any issues that impact your overall sense of wellbeing and successful completion of your degree. You will have access to a counselor in your geographic location.

WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? You can expect to meet with a Licensed Counselor and to be treated respectfully. All records, including medical information, referrals and evaluations, are kept confidential in accordance with federal and state laws.

HOW DO I GET STARTED? Call 713-500-3327 or complete our Contact Form.

THRIVE: Download Thrive at UT, a free app to increase your well-being.

employee assistance program helps with personal issues

Mental Health Crisis Phone Numbers

National Sexual Assault Hotline
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD 24 Hour Helpline
(formerly MHMRA of Harris County)
Texana Center 24 Hour Crisis Hotline
(serving Fort Bend, Austin, Colorado, Matagorda, Waller & Wharton Counties)
Tri-County Behavioral Health Services 24 Hour Crisis Hotline
(serving Montgomery, Walker & Liberty Counties)
Houston Area Women’s Center
Domestic Violence Hotline
Rape Crisis Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
National Domestic Violence Hotline

How can UTEAP help me?

We can help you find answers to a host of life issues. Below are some scenarios where we can be of assistance:

Student Life

  • I have a new baby and need to find a good sitter to watch her when I am working now that I am going back to the office
  • I need help training my new puppy.
  • My mother had a stroke and she lives here with me and I need help with her.

Emotional Support & Guidance

  • I have lost several loved ones during the past two years and feel so sad and depressed.
  • I am drinking more than I used to since my father passed-away. Can you help?
  • My father got diagnosed with dementia. What resources are out there that can help me take care of him?
  • I am worried about my teen. She seems to have lost her friends and is so depressed now.
  • My daughter keeps getting in trouble in school and is about to get suspended.
  • My partner and I are not communicating much anymore and I don’t feel connected. What should I do?

Managing Stress and Anxiety

  • I am buying a new house and am worried I am in over my head.
  • I have no energy and struggle to feel happy anymore.
  • I need a counselor because work is overwhelming.
  • I am so scared of getting COVID that I cannot leave my house.
  • I just got a promotion and now wonder if I can really do the job. I don’t want to make mistakes and want to stop feeling so worried.
  • My boyfriend cheated on me. I love him and we are more financially secure living together but I worry he will cheat again or that I am letting him walk over me.

Prefer to Research Yourself?

As a UTEAP member you have access to legal, financial and identity theft professionals who can help resolve issues and concerns. Click on the button below to visit our website focusing on legal and financial matters.

Find Support
Take an assessment
Watch a webinar
Get help managing depression
Learn about mental health conditions
Find suicide prevention resources
View national crisis resources
View financial and legal resources
Lets Go
Please call 713-500-3327 for username and password.