Volunteers are UTHealth’s strongest advocates and influencers and play an important role in the success of the university. Our volunteers work with university leadership to provide external perspective and review, as well as advocacy and philanthropic support for programs.
Development board, advisory council and other volunteer membership appointments are by recommendation and/or invitation and appointed by the President of UTHealth. Terms of service vary by group and meetings convened throughout the year.
We offer several volunteer opportunities through the Office of Development, including:
School and program-based advisory councils and volunteer groups:
• McGovern Medical School Advisory Council
• Children’s Learning Institute Advisory Council
• Brown Foundation Institute for Molecular Medicine Advisory Council
• School of Dentistry Advisory Council
• School of Public Health Advisory Council
• School of Biomedical Informatics Advisory Council
• MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Advisory Council
• Cizik School of Nursing Advisory Council
• PARTNERS (Providing Advancement Resources for Nursing Education, Research & Students)
• Government Relations Advisory Council
• Luminaries Young Leader Advocacy Group
Please contact us to learn more about getting involved with UTHealth:
Executive Director, Fundraising Programs & Volunteer Relations
Because social media is an essential way to connect with UTHealth, we encourage you to follow and engage with the university’s social media identity. Across multiple social media platforms, we are looking to you to help spread our philanthropic-related news and share calls to action on social media. By following us and promoting our content within your networks, you will be helping to build knowledge about philanthropy at UTHealth, encouraging new giving from friends and alumni, and ultimately advancing the mission of the university.
• Follow UTHealth on its social channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn and Instagram).
• Like, comment and share posts on our social channels. Because we are public, your friends and followers will see your engagement with us and therefore will also see the news.
• Encourage your friends, family and the UTHealth alumni you know to follow us on our social media channels and engage with the posts to have the same impact as previous bullet.
• Tag us (@UTHealth) when you post anything UTHealth-related so that others see that we are out there and will ideally, then, follow us, too.
• Use hashtags such as #UTHealth because people often search for content using those hashtags, which means people who don’t already follow us, may see our accounts and news.
• Share content that on special occasions we will email you directly to ask for your help in posting to your social media pages.
• Click Here for a full list of social media at UTHealth
Follow UTHealth on: