Host an Event
Events hosted by alumni allow graduates to connect with each other and the university in unique ways. UTHealth Office of Alumni Engagement offers Event-in-a-Box kits to help alumni easily host successful gatherings, ranging from mixers to virtual events.
How can I host an event?
- Please complete an Event-in-a-Box application form at least two months prior to the event date
- The Office of Alumni Engagement will help you identify the alumni audience who may live near your location and join your event
- If you want to host a virtual event, please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement to discuss virtual event options
What is included in an Event-in-a-Box?
- Collateral (brochures, annual reports, etc.)
- Giveaways (badge reels, pens, etc.)
- Sign-in sheets
What is the role of the Office of Alumni Engagement?
To help make your event successful, our office can provide limited support, including:
- Providing the host an Event-in-a-Box
- Taking registrations
- Helping with suggestions for guest list contacts, catering selections, and location selection
- Ensuring the event is approved through the proper channels
Do events include a budget?
We are pleased to offer a budget for most events, which will be discussed after your application is approved.
What are the next steps after my event is approved?
- Contacting your venue to reserve space and determine the price per person, or contacting a local caterer or restaurant for food or beverage options if hosting the event in your home
- Working with the Office of Alumni Engagement to finalize the contract with your venue (if applicable) and coordinate logistics
- Working with the Office of Alumni Engagement team to email local alumni and promote your event
What do I do when my event is one week away?
- Send a reminder email to attendees about one week prior and either the day before or day of your event
- If hosting an event at a venue, finalize event space and food and beverage options
- If hosting an event in your home, finalize the menu with your caterer
What do I do the day of my event?
Congratulations on making it to your event day!
- Don’t forget to put out nametags, a sign-in sheet, and giveaways
- Greet and sign-in your guests
- Take photos and share with the Office of Alumni Engagement
- Enjoy meeting and reconnecting with fellow alumni
What do I do after my event is over?
- Check in with the Office of Alumni Engagement to let us know how the event went
- Send us receipts, sign-in sheets, and names of walk-ins or no-shows so we can maintain accurate records
- Evaluate the success of the event to determine whether you should repeat it or how you can improve future events