Skip Navigation and Go To Content
What to Expect!
- Arrive to the worksite at 8am. Carpooling is encouraged as parking can be limited.
- Most homes have wood siding and need scraping and painting. We will replace rotted wood, storm doors, front doors, window panes and window screens that may need replacing. On occasions we will install or repair a wheel chair ramp. We do basic yard work and landscaping as time permits.
- UTHM and RTH provide building supplies, scrapers and paint brushes. We never have enough ladders. If you bring yours to share, it will be appreciated.
- We work on the house for two Saturdays (back to back). A full workday is from 8am to 5pm. We need volunteers willing to work the full shift to ensure the repairs are completed in two weekends. In case of rain, a rain out day will take place next Saturday.
- Any supplies you bring, be sure to label them with your name so they can be identified.
- For your service, you will be provided with a commemorative T-Shirt, beverages (water mostly) to keep you hydrated and a box lunch, consisting of a sandwich and chips.