The UTHealth Classified Staff annual performance appraisal process is conducted annually and allows employees and managers to:
Evaluate performance and recognize accomplishments
Establish goals for the next fiscal year as aligned to university and departmental priorities
Identify opportunities for growth and development to enable employees to reach their full potential
Performance Appraisal Period
The performance period is based on UTHealth's fiscal year: September 1 - August 31st.
Performance Appraisal Dates
- Launch Date: 8/11/2020
- Employee Review Due Date: 8/28/2020
- Appraisal Due Date: 9/17/2020
Annual Performance Appraisal Requirements
All non-probationary, benefits eligible UTHealth employees, regardless of classification and appointment time, must receive annual performance appraisals.
- Probationary employees (hired March 1 - August 31 of the current year). Managers should follow the probationary review process for these employees.
- Persons in a casual, temporary or part-time non-benefits eligible appointment status are not required to receive an annual performance appraisal unless required by an external accrediting agencies.
- Persons employed in positions that require student status as a condition of employment do not receive performance reviews. These positions include graduate student assistants and tutors.
- Employees who transferred to a new position in another department between March 1 and August 31 are in a probationary period. Managers should follow the probationary review process for these employees.
Key Activities in the Annual Appraisal Process
Classified Appraisal Process Materials
Tip: Use YouTube 480p setting to view videos
Performance Appraisal Visibility Chart
The purpose of this chart is to help employees and managers understand what they will see in the appraisal form for each step in the appraisal process.