What is WebEx?
Cisco WebEx is one of the UTHealth-supported web conferencing tools campus community members can utilize for video and audio collaboration. Students, faculty, and staff may use this technology, free of charge, to schedule interactive online meetings. WebEx includes Outlook calendar integration, allowing you to schedule WebEx meetings directly from your Outlook calendar. Each online WebEx meeting you host will support up to 1,000 participants.
WebEx Support Documentation
To get started using WebEx, please view the CSON CEIR developed guides for faculty, students and other general attendees.
- How to Download and Use the WebEx App
- WebEx Quick User Guide
- WebEx Faculty Information
- Scheduling a Meeting using the WebEx Website
- Student - WebEx Student/Attendee Information Guide
- Student - How to schedule and start a WebEx Meeting
Using the Tools in WebEx
- Using Polls in WebEx
- Using Breakout Sessions in WebEx
- Generating an Attendance report for a WebEx meeting
- Requesting remote control of someone's shared screen
- Giving someone access to control your screen
- Tips for viewing someone's screen and using the toolbar
- Best Practices for Hosting a Secure Meeting in WebEx
- WebEx Annotation Tools Guide
- How to Turn On the Annotation Feature Before a WebEx Session