Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Resident Tuition

All new academic students are classified as a non-resident until a Core Residency Questions form is completed and returned to the Registrar's Office for a decision. If you are claiming Texas as your state of residence, click here to complete the Core Residency Questions Form.

Non-US citizens who are not Permanent Residents but have filed or plan to file for permanent residency must also complete and return to the Registrar's Office the Affidavit of Intent to Become a Permanent Resident. Click here to complete the Affidavit of Intent to Become a Permanent Resident Form.

A non-resident who believes he is eligible to pay Texas tuition rates due to employment, scholarship, military assignment, academic common market, or economic development must complete a "Petition for Remission of Tuition" and submit it to the Registrar's Office each term. If the Registrar's Office is able to verify your Graduate Research Assistant employment prior to registration, a waiver will be entered into myUTH and you will not need to complete a petition. However, after checking your residence status on myUTH, you do not see a student waiver for this term, you must complete a petition and have Section II completed by one of the offices listed below.

Forms are available in the Registrar's Office, 7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 or down load the form at this link: Petition for Remission of Tuition. Petitions will NOT be processed the same day they are received by these offices. Students should allow sufficient time for processing.

GSBS: Business Office, HMC 300 or MDA Office of Education, HMB 16.151
SPH: Administrative Services, RAS W130
All others: Human Resources, UCT 1.150s

For additional information regarding classification as a Texas resident please visit these resources: College For Texans - Residency Information and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.