Research Conflict of Interest Committee Guidelines
The Research Conflicts of Interest Committee advises the Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer. Its responsibilities are to:
- Recommend policies and procedures to address research related conflicts of interest and commitment within the institution, and periodically review them to identify revisions that might be needed;
- Review Research Conflict of Interest Disclosures to determine if investigators have significant financial interests that could directly and significantly affect the design, conduct, or reporting of research;
- Review Research Conflict of Interest Disclosures to determine if investigators have conflicts of interest that might compromise, or appear to compromise, the protection of human subjects and communicate relevant findings to the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects;
- Recommend if and how conflicts identified in Research Conflict of Interest Disclosures should be managed, reduced, or eliminated through Research Conflict of Interest Management Plans; and
- Oversee/monitor Research Conflict of Interest Management Plans, with progress reports submitted to the Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer as required.
Chair and Vice-Chair
Membership recommended by the Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer.
- At least 6 experienced investigators that include at least 3 clinical researchers;
- At least 1 representative from each Health Science Center School; and,
- At least two community representatives.
Terms of Membership
Staggered three-year terms (may be reappointed)
Ex Officio Membership (non-voting participants)
- Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer
- Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- Vice President of Research and Technology
- Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management and Chief Compliance Officer
- Associate Vice President, Sponsored Projects Administration
- Executive Director, Development Operations
- Executive Director, Research Compliance, Education & Support Services
- Director, Office of Research Support Committees
- Manager, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee