If you are a Postdoctoral Fellow at UTHealth Houston, you'll find useful information about the Certificate Training Program, Individual Development Plans (IDPs), grants and funding sources, and other important resources available to you on this website. Feel free to contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs if you have any questions. International Scholars will find useful information on the International Postdoctoral Fellows page.
Postdoctoral Certificate Training Program
For information regarding enrollment and courses regarding our unique training program for UTH Houston postdoctoral fellows, visit our Certificate Training Program page.
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
An Individual Development Plan (IDP) helps you plan and achieve your goals. Start yours today: IDP form.
Career Development and Funding
For career development and funding resources, check out our Career Development page.
Before you arrive
Arrange Living Accomodations (some helpful links below)
- Apartment Locator (Speak with Leslie Beckman; Leslie.Beckman@uth.tmc.edu)
- UTHealth University Housing (uth.edu/housing/)
- Sign up for Utility Services (Powertochoose.com)
- Selecting Childcare (LittleTexans.org)
- Contact your PI and/or Lab Manager
- International Postdocs - check in with OIA
- Attend Orientation and Pre-employment
- Ensure your UT badge has the letter "P" and your email account activated.
During your first week
Visit the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs. (Meet Leslie and Yasmin!)
During your first month
- Meet with your PI and fill out an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Enroll for the Certificate Training Program
- Sign up and attend trainings (e.g. lab safety, animal handling, CITI, etc.)