Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Search UTHealth Houston


International Postdocs

If you are an International Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UTHealth Houston, most of your immigration and visa questions can be addressed by UTHealth Houston Office of International Affairs (OIA). The OIA is the university's internal institutional resource that offers services to foreign nationals, non- U.S. citizens, or U.S. permanent residents who join the academic, research, and clinical endeavors of UTHealth Houston. The OIA provides information on a wide range of topics, including immigration issues such as work permits and travel. Email[email protected]

Form I-983 for F1-OPT

If you are on an F1-OPT visa and need to complete Form I-983, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) will complete Section 3 and Section 4. You must first fill-in and sign the rest of the form with the help of your DSO and supervisor before submitting it to the OPA to complete and sign. 

Useful Links for International Postdocs