This year the University Classified Staff Council (UCSC) is partnering with The Star of Hope to collect donations as part of their holiday drive. The Star of Hope assists approximately 1,000 individuals per day. The mission of the Star of Hope is to provide a comprehensive approach to addressing the diverse issues, both immediate and long term, that impact individuals and families experiencing homelessness. UCSC hopes to assist the Star of Hope with their mission by collecting the items listed below in time for a holiday delivery.
The Star of Hope Donation Drive will run from December 1, 2021 – December 16, 2021. UCSC will deliver the donations to the Star of Hope on December 17, 2021.
Please bring any donated items to the drop off locations.
- Clothing-gently used or new- men, women and children’s – Clean and free of stains and tears
- Pairs of shoes: clean, gently used or new
- New undergarments: men, women and children
- Socks and t-shirts
- Winter coats, sweaters, jackets, etc.
- Hygiene Products—new/unopened
- shampoo, deodorant, lotion, soap
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- toilet paper and feminine napkins
- cotton balls and facial tissue
- diapers, pull-ups and wet wipes
- Bibles and educational books
- Paper goods: plates, bowls, napkins, forks, spoons & knives
- Linens–Clean, gently used or new:
- Sheets and pillow cases
- Bath towels and washcloths
- New blankets (no bedspreads)
- Bottled water; canned goods (regular and bulk sizes)
- Unexpired, non-perishable foods
- Over the counter medications—new/unopened,
- New toys and games (no bicycles)
- Alarm clocks