The goal of the BigMouth research guideline is to help researchers define the content of their research project and to collaborate with the BigMouth team and committee on the data extraction process.
Project Proposal Process
- The researcher will download the proposal template from the research guideline page: Proposal Template
- The researcher will use the template to complete project requirements.
- The researcher will submit the project proposal to the BigMouth team at BigMouth@uth.tmc.edu.
- The BigMouth team will review the proposal.
- If the proposal meets the BigMouth project proposal guidelines, it will be forwarded to the committee for review. An incomplete proposal will be sent back to the researcher for revision.
- The Committee reviews proposals second Tuesday of every month.
- Researchers are invited to the review meeting to present their proposal and get feedback.
- The BigMouth team will begin the data extraction process once the proposal has been fully approved by the committee. The committee may suggest revisions to the proposal.
Data Extract Process
- A specification document will be sent to the Researcher by the BigMouth team—this is to help the BigMouth team elicit requirements from the researcher.
- A detailed cost breakdown will be sent to the researcher based on the developmental effort. The effort will depend on the complexity of the project and the number of data elements.
- The BigMouth team will begin data extraction within the agreed-upon time frame.
- Researchers are advised to share published work using the data provided.
Kindly download the process flow diagram for more information: Process Flow Diagram
Can Non-Contributing sites receive data from BigMouth?
Yes, non-contributing sites that are from non-profit institutions may request data (for non-commercial purposes) as outlined above. However, non-contributing sites will not have access to the BigMouth query interface.
To discuss costs for non-contributing members and or for more information about joining BigMouth please contact us at BigMouth@uth.tmc.edu