Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Current Residents Home

You made it through the waiting list, and you now live in our unique community.  We assume the rigors of moving are now over, and during that stressful time you were asked to read and absorb so much information, that maybe some of it didn’t stick………. Right?  See below for some FAQ's.

AE-University Housing is a controlled-access facility owned by the State of Texas.  This means that there may be policies and procedures here that are different from what you might have been used to at other privately owned apartment complexes.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Occupancy Policy

    1b/1b Two Occupants

    2b/2b Four Occupants

    3b/2b Six Occupants 

  • Is there rentable space for events?

    The Club House is available to rent for events, please contact the office for available dates and for necessary documents.

    Cost: $100 Deposit

    $100 Rental Fee

  • Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings in the event of a fire, flood, theft or natural causes?

    No. We strongly suggest purchasing renter's insurance for this reason. It is generally inexpensive and will offer coverage for your interests if something were to happen.

  • Can I use UT Shuttle and the Rec Center?

    All students have access to UT shuttles and Rec Center through school fees. All others can contact the office at to receive the needed form to fill out, return form to the Rec Center front desk and pay the $300 6-month membership fee via check or cash during business hours.

  • How does maintenance work?

    3-4 business days for non-emergencies. AC filters and light bulbs are resident's responsibility, and can be purchased at the office. After hours # 713-500-8444

  • What about Pest Control?

    Pest control is on property every Wednesday. E-mail to be put on the schedule. 

  • Roommate Policy

    All added roommates and occupants over age 18 need to submit an application, pay fees, and sign a 12 month lease. 

    Roommates must be affiliated with the exception of related individuals. For this purpose, “related” is limited to spouses/significant others, siblings, parents and/or children of the primary occupant.

  • Are pets allowed?

    No pets are allowed on property.

    ONLY ESAs and service animals are allowed. Email to obtain the contact information for the UTHealth Houston University Relations & Equal Opportunity Department.

  • I lost my keys/parking tag what do I do?

    The office will provide a replacement for a fee.

  • I want to move out what is the procedure?

    Provide a 30 day written notice to the office via e-mail or office drop box.

  • Do you allow subletting?

    No under no circumstances is subletting allowed.

  • Trash?

    Trash is located on the northeast corner of property. A fee is charged for trash not disposed of properly.

  • How do I pay rent?

    Pay online, check the status of your payments and review your payment history at Rent Cafe.