Skip Navigation. Skip Navigation and Go To Content

Office of Academic Affairs and Student Success

Veteran Benefits

VA Required Documents Form for the proper application to complete. If this is not the first application for benefits, the student must complete a Change Program/Place of Training form, please use to the table included in the VA Required Documents Form for the correct form to complete. The appropriate completed form, the DD-214 member 4 or service 2 and other required documents must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar and be attached to a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter from the VA. Certifications are sent after the student has made a payment on his/her tuition for that term.

VA Required Documents form for a complete list of needed forms.

National Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255

Hazelwood Act

Veterans who have education benefits must submit certification of their military service (DD214). Those who have depleted their VA educational benefits and are Texas residents may qualify for Hazelwood Act benefits. Veterans must have been residents of Texas at the time of entry into the military and currently must be residents of Texas. Please call the Office of the Registrar at 713-500-3361 for additional requirements and information.

Who can apply for the Hazelwood Act?

Individuals who:

The benefit may not be used for correspondence courses unless the courses are part of the student's degree plan.

To date, legislation has NOT been introduced to open the program to veterans from other states. For more detailed information about the Hazlewood Act, contact the Registrar's Office. Detailed information about the Hazlewood Act can be found at

Contact us

For assistance please contact:

Winston Matranga
Veteran Affairs Coordinator
Phone: 713-500-3351