Skip Navigation.

Office of the Registrar

International Students

Health insurance maintained by international students (non-permanent residents) must include repatriation and medical evacuation. Students with comparable policies who wish to have UT insurance waived or need repatriation and medical evaluation coverage only, must complete a Health Insurance Waiver form and take it to Ronda Gille with Auxiliary Enterprises at the Recreation Center, telephone number 713-500-8402.

The waiver form may be obtained from the Registrar's Office, Auxiliary Enterprises, or by clicking on this link: Health Insurance Waiver form.

It must be submitted no later than the 12th class day of the Spring and Fall term, and the 4th class day of the Summer term.

Students submitting waivers after the deadline may find the fee can no longer be waived.

Major medical coverage in excess of $50,000 may also be purchased from Auxiliary Enterprises during the initial term of enrollment.

New students who are not U.S. citizens must obtain clearance through appropriate International Affairs office (see below) prior to attempting to register by myUTHStudents on temporary 'F' or 'J' visas must be enrolled full-time or will be considered in violation of visa status.

UTHealth students in Houston:

Office of International Affairs is located at UCT 1.130.
For further information, visit the OIA website.

MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions students:

Visa and Immigration Services Administration
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1400 Pressler, Suite 6.5000
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: 713-792-1112