Researcher Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the CPHS fax number? 713-500-7951
- What is the CPHS generic email address? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where do I find information about HIPAA forms and regulations?
HIPAA forms are provided in iRIS.
- Does CPHS offer training for research coordinators?
Click here for additional research training and programs are offered through the Clinical Trials Resource Center.
- How do I get the required Human Subjects Education Training?
Here is a link to several training sources. Or click here to go directly to CITI Protection of Human Subjects Training.
- Are there Continuing Education credits for Human Subjects Training?
No, there are not.
- How long will the Education be valid?
CITI training is valid for 3 years. CPHS has begun sending out reminder notices prior to Education expiration.
- How do I get a list of Committee members?
Click here for PDF.
- What is the deadline for new CPHS applications?
There is no deadline; protocols will be accepted at any time, and routed to the next available meeting. There are 4 committees, therefore, 4 meetings per month.
- Where do I find the iRIS application?
Log on to the iRIS application at https://iris.uth.tmc.edu.
- How do I get access to iRIS if I don’t work at UT?
A guest account must be set up for non-UT faculty or staff. Here is link with information on the guest account process.
- What is your physical location?
University of Texas Professional Building
6410 Fannin Street, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77030
For other questions, please call us at 713-500-7943.
CPHS HELPLINE 713-500-7943
iRIS HELPLINE 713-500-7960
UTHealth’s Compliance Hotline (1-888-472-9868)
IRIS Support 713-500-7960