Loan Repayment Programs
Medical Assistance to Underserved Americans
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) and Physician Education (PE) loan repayment programs provide professional healthcare to underserved communities across the United States. Both programs provide funds to healthcare graduates who offer their services to participating communities which are put toward repaying student loans.
National Health Service Corps
- Minimum 2 year commitment to serve in an underserved area
- 3 to 4 year commitment pays up to $35,000.00 annually
- Request Application: 1-800-221-9393
- Questions: 301-443-0743, M-F, 8:30AM-4:30PM E. T.
- NHSC Program Details
- Minimum 1 year commitment to practice medicine at an approved site were service is critically needed
- Maximum 5 years participation limit
- Request Application: 1-800-242-3062; select option one
- Physician Education Program Details
Health Resources and Services Administration - Faculty Loan Repayment Program
- Come from a disadvantaged background, based on environmental and/or economic factors,
- Have an eligible health professions degree or certificate, and
- Have an employment commitment as a faculty member at an approved health professions institution for a minimum of two years.
- Questions: 1-800-221-9393
- Faculty Loan Repayment Program Details
Please note that current UTHealth faculty members interested in applying to the loan repayment program described above should contact their respective Department and/or Dean's office to determine whether matching funds are available.