Salary Reimbursement Agreement
Salary Reimbursement Agreements are used to pay the salary and fringe benefits for a graduate student from another university who will be working with a UTHealth faculty member in their lab, or when a UTHealth student is working in a research lab at a different university. SRAs do not include indirect costs. Salary reimbursement agreements funded by a sponsored project must follow the period of the prime award, and cannot extend beyond the current award period of the prime award.
When UTHealth is sending a salary reimbursement agreement to another institution, the department should forward requests for Salary Reimbursement Agreements to their Sponsored Projects Administration specialist for review and contract negotiation.
When UTHealth is receiving a salary reimbursement agreement from another institution, the department should forward the agreement to their Sponsored Projects Administration specialist for review and contract negotiation.
|Salary Reimbursement Agreements In:||Salary Reimbursement Agreements Out:|
- Negotiate legal terms of the agreement with the other party on behalf of the PI and UTHealth.
- Route the final agreement for institutional signature.
- SPA will ensure that the other party has a copy of the fully signed agreement.
- SPA will provide the PI and his/her department a copy of the fully executed agreement.
- SPA will send the fully signed agreement to PAF team so that they can update the financial system.