A Fee For Service Agreement will be utilized for work requested by an outside party that usually requires specialized equipment, processes, or expertise. UTHealth has no input on the research design (except for methods and processes needed to complete the work), no ownership of data or results, and no rights to publish the results.Typically, UTHealth would be running samples and generating data, or producing a product.
Once the PI has determined to participate in the research study which will provide funding according to a fixed fee schedule or a milestone schedule, the PI/department will submit the contract to SPA so that the legal terms and conditions of the contract can be negotiated with the sponsor.
- Submit Word version of Contract to SPA by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit protocol to IRB (if you are using clinical data with personal identifiers) and forward the approval letter to SPA once received
- Complete the R&A form, RCOI forms, and budget- submit to SPA click here
- Complete Coverage Analysis documentation if required
- Route the final agreement for PI signature - submit to SPA
Negotiate legal terms of the agreement with collaborator on behalf of the PI and the University:
- Obtain PI Read and Understood approval (either signature or electronic approval).
- Route the final agreement with PI signature, if applicable, for institutional signatory to sign.Cannot submit for institutional signature until the below items are received:
- Final Agreement with PI Signature or electronic approval.
- Copy of final budget.
- Copy of IRB approval.
- R&A form signed by PI and Chair/DMO.
- RCOI form signed for everyone listed as member of the study team on the R&A form.
- SPA will send to collaborator for full execution.
- SPA will assure PI has a copy of fully executed agreement and will retain a copy for institutional record.
- Initiate process with Post Award Finance to set up a financial account for the study.