The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is the internal institutional resource that facilitates and oversees the lawful immigration status of foreign nationals non- U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents who join the academic, research, and clinical endeavors of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, while ensuring institutional compliance with state, local, and federal laws and regulations.
Services and programs offered include:
- Immigration advising to University components for legally hosting or employing international visitors
- Institutional compliance with immigration regulations assessment and training
- Processing of immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications sponsored by the institution
- Acting as a liaison among institutional departments, government agencies, and private organizations
- Coordinating educational and cultural programs and activities that promote the well-being of international visitors, students, trainees, faculty, and staff.