Refunds to Industry Sponsors
REFUNDS TO SPONSOR- INDUSTRY SPONSORED CLINICAL STUDIES
If the sponsor has accidently overpaid and a refund is necessary- follow the below steps:
1. Department to confirm correctness Analysis
a. Request detailed breakdown from sponsor regarding overpayment.
i. Compare against contracted budget, work performed, and payments received
- If you find the sponsor did overpay move to next steps
2. Department to identify the payment ID# in FMS/Peoplesoft for the payment(s) posted to your account that included overpayment.
3. Send an email with an overview to CRF@uth.tmc.edu
Email should Include:
- FMS ID for payments in which the overpayment was included (this information is needed so PAF can un earn the IDC.)
- Copy of information needed to confirm correctness of refund being needed
4. CRFA team will review the information to confirm correctness and provide approval/confirmation
5. Department to submit an email to PAF@Uth.tmc.edu
A. Subject line- Overpayment need to Refund sponsor FMS PROJECT ID
i. In the body of the email include:
ii. FMS Project ID.FMS ID for payment(s) in which the overpayment was included.
iii. Dollar amount of overpayment Example: Revenue Deposit ID xxxx for $ 2500 included an overpayment of $500 (This payment should have been $2000)
iv. Ask PAF if the department should submit the non-PO voucher or will PAF be submitting it.
6. PAF will un earn the IDC for the overpayment(s).
7. PAF will move the amount to be refunded to the correct subaccount within the project in FMS.
8. If PAF notes for the department to submit the non-PO voucher please note that the department should verify the sponsor is listed as a supplier in FMS (If no, department will need to submit an “add new supplier” request.
- Department to confirm that a refund is needed by review of work performed and payments made.
- Department to identify the payment ID# in FMS/Peoplesoft for the payment(s) posted to your account that included overpayment.
- Send an email with an overview to CRF@uth.tmc.edu Mailbox as outlined in #3 above.
- Once CRF team responds, to #3 the department should submit an email to PAF@Uth.tmc.edu as outlined above.
- If PAF notes for the department to submit the non-PO voucher the department should do this last step. (PAF will determine-It varies depending upon the details of the refund. if the department is instructed by PAF to submit non-PO voucher they will do so at this time and this is the last step for the department. (Note-If the sponsor is not listed as a supplier in FMS the department will need to submit an “add new supplier” request.)
- CRFA team to review refund request made by the department for second review (after departments initial review.)
- Upon receipt of email request, PAF will un earn the IDC for the overpayment(s).
- PAF will move the amount to be refunded to the correct subaccount within the project in FMS.
- If PAF noted that they will submit the non-PO voucher on behalf of the department, they will complete this step as well. (This will vary varies depending upon the details of the refund, PAF will determine.)