SPA Cards Program
WHAT ARE SPA CARDS?
The SPA Card Program is a secure, web-based system that allows clinical researchers to pay research participants with prepaid debit cards. These debit cards can be used by the card holder anywhere Visa® and Master card® debit cards are accepted and at virtually any ATM.
The Visa® and Master card® debit cards are dispensed to the clinical researchers with a zero balance. As participants are enrolled onto the study and study visit milestones are completed, the clinical researchers access secure, online forms to assign cards to participants and load funds.
The system provides an easy to navigate and easy to use platform to assign cards, make payments, and track payment information. Research participants and clinical trial study subjects have quick access to their payments along with convenient and flexible options on how to use their funds.
The SPA Cards Program allows clinical researchers to:
- Submit requests to add studies to the program
- Order cards (reloadable or signal use debit cards)
- Enter and track participant information
- Request funds to be added to the cards based on the payment schedule approved by the Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS).
- Run study reports for participant payments
TRAINING/ HOW TO
SPA Cards Training Program:
- Online Training Course: please click here
- One- on One Training: sessions are available, please contact email@example.com to schedule a training session.
Initial Order/ Add a New Study
Before you begin, have the following information ready:
- Peoplesoft ChartField String
- Payment schedule and amounts
- Email address and UTHealth user name of study personnel who will be accessing the SPA Gift Card system. This is generally the PI and the study coordinator(s).
List of Your Projects
For each project listed, you will see additional links to:
- Activate/Fund a participant’s card
- Order additional cards