A Professional Services Agreement is a contract that is used for services of a UTHealth employee for his/her expertise to guide, write, or advise. A Professional Services Agreement is not used for lab or clinical work. The nature of the work is predominantly intellectual in character. The work scope may include: assisting with study design, data analysis, statistical analysis, serving as national PI for a clinical study, writing/editing (protocol, publication, report, proposal, etc.), providing professional advice, program evaluation, translation services, website and software development/design, and VA IPA.
The department will advise SPA of the need for a Professional Services Agreement. SPA will negotiate the legal terms and conditions of agreement with the other party.
- Submit Contract or the need for a contract to SPA by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the R&A form, RCOI form, and budget - submit to SPA click here.
- Route the final agreement for PI signature - submit to SPA.
- Draft contract using UTHealth template, unless a template has been provided by the other party.
- Negotiate legal terms of the agreement with collaborator on behalf of the PI and the University.
- Obtain PI Read and Understood approval (either signature or electronic approval).
- Route the final agreement with PI signature, if applicable, for institutional signatory to sign.
- SPA will send to collaborator for full execution.
- SPA will assure PI has a copy of fully executed agreement and will retain a copy for institutional record.
- Initiate process with Post Award Finance to set up a financial account.